Importing a Car From Australia to UK | Car Shipping From UK To Australia, Cars 4x4s Shipping UK To and From Australia at Low Cost.
Australia Car Shipping prices for all types of cars, autos, trucks and vehicles, Contact Us now for prices Shipping to and from Australia.
|Type||Container Prices / costs||RoRo costs|
|Standard Saloon Car||Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Brisbane||£1025 - Brisbane|
|Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Fremantle||£1025 - Fremantle|
|Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Melbourne||£1025 - Melbourne|
|Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Sydney||£1025 - Sydney|
|SUV / 4x4||Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Brisbane||£1250 - Brisbane|
|Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Fremantle||£1250 - Fremantle|
|Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Melbourne||£1250 - Melbourne|
|Low price Call:01473 375030, 0330 113 0022 - Sydney||£1250 - Sydney|
Ship your car to Australia with Seakargo we made its so Easy and with competitive prices, We offer Weekly Car Shipping by Container and RoRo from the UK to Australia
car shipping to Australia by Roll on Roll off (Ro Ro) direct from the port of Southampton and weekly by container from Felixtowe to Melbourne, Sydney Fremantle and
Brisbane. We have been shipping cars to Australia for our private clients for over 6 + years
We are one of the biggest Australian Car shipping companies in the UK our team Who Specializes in Auto shipping will help you with the shipping from start to finished, we offer two options for shipping Auto
to Australia depending on budget and vehicle requirements.
- Shipping cars to Australia by Container. By utilizing steel container loading system we can load 4 cars, safely and securely, into 1 x 40ft container. This gives us considerable savings over the traditional method of building car racks with wood, and is a little friendlier to the environment. We ship every week on Our shared Container shipping services , direct to all main Australian ports with considerable savings to our clients and with the added benefit of more frequent sailings and faster transit times.
Our container services provide sailings every week to all main Australian ports including Fremantle, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin and Newcastle in as little as 40 days.
- Shipping Cars to Australia by Ro Ro. Your vehicle can be collected anywhere in the UK or you can drive your car directly to the port.
Cars are then driven directly into the car shipping deck of the vessels. we offer you car shipping from the UK to Australia every 7 to 10 days.
Our Roll on Roll off services provide sailings to all Ro Ro car shipping ports in Australia from the port of Southampton and Sheerness with transit times from as little as 40 days
but sailings from the UK are less frequent than our container shipping services.
As a registered customs broker we have direct access to the Customs gateway to ensure that your car is shipped to Australia in accordance with current UK customs requirements
to avoid delay in shipment.
Through our agents in Australia we also provide comprehensive assistance in completion of customs formalities at your destination port.
You can find further information on how to ship your car to Australia and detailed information on Australia customs rules and regulations on our Australia car import guide here.
Car shipping rates To Australia vary for a number of reasons from the distance travelled and time it takes for ships to reach destination to the amount of traffic moving to or from that part of the world. Shipping lines may offer very attractive car shipping rates due to large volumes of return traffic from a particular country.
YOUR GUIDE TO SHIPPING YOUR VEHICLE TO AUSTRALIA WITH SEAKARGO LIMITED
For shipping your vehicle to Australia, there are strict requirements on the importation of your motor vehicle into Australia. This guide can be used to help you further understand how this process works and what you can expect upon arrival in Australia.
Even though the Australian Government have very strict safety and emissions standards for non-compliant vehicles, if your vehicle falls under the below conditions then it won’t require any conversion or modification work upon arrival in Australia:
VIA (Vehicle Import Approval):
If you have just moved to Australia from another country as the receiver, you must make sure that you apply for the VIA within 6 months of your arrival in Australia to be able to ascertain the VIA.
While submitting the application, you must ensure that you choose the correct option from the below:
If you select the incorrect option, this will delay the application process and you may have to begin the process from the
Vehicle Duty & Tax:
Importing a car to Australia from UK , what is the approximate cost of shipping a car to Australia from uk? how much will it cost to ship my car to Australia? At seakargo we offer £650 per car and £795 for 4x4.
Importing your vehicle into Australia
To give you some idea of the complexity of importing a vehicle into Australia, the Department of Infrastructure and Transport have produced a 35-page booklet called Importing Vehicles to Australia.
Vehicles over 30 years old and motorcycles
New and used vehicles up to 30 years old
Four wheel drive off road / commercial vehicles
There are a few ways to calculate the value used to determine the duty on your car.
·Original Country Purchase Price - A depreciation factor is added to help determine the actual value of the vehicle.
·Australian Landed Value - This can sometimes be a good choice as it may be up to 50% of the market value. The value can vary enormously so you are advised to check this route carefully.
If the car you want to import has a GST inclusive value of $57,466 or more (as of 2011), it will be subject to Luxury Car Tax (LCT). This tax is in addition to the other charges listed above and is levied at 33% of the value above the $57,466 threshold.
The way to calculate duty and GST is dependent on the specific car and can be quite complex. Let's examine several different scenarios.
Classic Car: You have a vintage MG built in 1960 purchased in the UK. You originally paid the equivalent of $20,000 for the car. Since it is a classic car, it has not devalued. Customs value the car at the original price. Because the car is more than 30 years old, there is no duty to pay on it. However, there will be GST to pay. This will be 10% of the value of the car, or $2,000 in GST.
Summary for Classic Car Import Fees:
Value = $20,000
Duty = $0
Total Cost to Import = $2,000
Everyday Vehicle: You want to import a 2008 Ford Focus. Its original price in America was $15,000. It has depreciated to a value of $8,000 as estimated by the Customs Guidelines. It will incur a Duty of 10%. This is $800.
The customs value of the car is now $8,800 (car value + duty).
This figure is now used to calculate the GST, at 10% GST = $880.
Total cost to import = $800 (Duty) + $880 (GST) = $1680.
Summary for Everyday Vehicle Import Fees:
Value = $8,000
Duty = $800
Total Cost to Import = $1,680
Luxury vehicle: You wish to bring in a car valued at $70,000 by Australian Customs.
Duty = 10% of 70,000 = $7,000
GST is calculated on $77,000 (value + duty) = $7,700
Total value of car subject to LCT = $70,000 (value) + $7,000 (Duty) + $7,700 (GST) = $84,700
Luxury Car Tax payable on: $84,700 (Total value) - $57,466 (Allowance) = $27,234.
Luxury Car Tax is 33% of $27,234 = $8,987.
So, your total charges are: $7,000 (Duty) + $7,700 (GST) + $8,987 (LCT) = $23,687.
Summary for Luxury Vehicle Import Fees:
Value = $70,000
Duty = $7,000
LCT = $8,987
Total Cost to Import = $23,687
Another factor to take into account when deciding whether to import your car is that it has to meet strict safety and pollution standards for it to be given an Import Approval Permit.
These include a range of requirements including but not limited to:
·Child restraint anchor points
·Personal Compliance Import Plate
·Replacing the driver side door mirror to Australian standards
If your car is less than 30 years old and meets all the requirements of the Department of Infrastructure and Transport, it will be awarded a Compliance Certificate.
To obtain clearance to bring your car to Australia - an Import Approval Permit - you will need to supply to the Department of Infrastructure and Transportation a collection of documents. These include:
·Engineer Certificate (for some vehicles)
·Imported Blue Slip ensuring the Road Transport Authority (RTA) that the vehicle is roadworthy
·RTA Visual Identification Unit inspection (for some vehicles)
The requirements for importing a car are laid out in a publication produced by the Department of Infrastructure and Transport called: Circular 0-1-2, 'A Guide to the Certification of new Vehicles- Type Approval'.
For more information on this, visit Vehicle Certification in Australia at the Department of Infrastructure and Transportation.
The Department of Infrastructure and Transport and the Australian Customs Border Protection Service have strict rules about the importing of customised vehicles and restored or converted cars built before 1989.
These departments are particularly cautious with respect to vehicles made more powerful than the original or do not meet emissions or safety standards. For more information on this complex issue, the Western Australian government has produced helpful guidelines for cars with major body modifications.
General Tips: for Importing a car to Australia
1) When shipping the car, put some parts in it, you do not pay duty on the parts you bring in, they are cheaper in the UK than over in Australia so well worth preparing for.
2) You don’t need a KPH speedo if your current speedo shows MPH & KPH
3) Drivers side exterior mirror needs to be flat glass not convex like the UK spec. My advise, get the Australian spec part in the UK or get a piece of flat glass stuck on and then remove after your inspection.
4) Get your vehicle valued in Australia not in the UK… it much easier this way and they take into consideration the shipping costs for the vehicle & subtract it from the value they put on the car
5) Be prepared for the fact that you only have a small number of insurance companies who will cover a personal import. (Just Car or Shannons are okay, although Shannons undervalue the car because its an import)
6) Just let DOTARS do their thing, be patient, it took nearly 4 weeks for approval to come through!
7) Get your information together and send as much as possible to prove you own the car and have used it in the UK. Purchase invoice, service receipts, insurance documents (past and present if you have them) ferry tickets… anything that proves you have been using the car. You need to prove 12 months of continuous use in the UK
8) DO YOUR HOMEWORK… Make sure the car can operate in Australian conditions, everything will work and that you have priced up how much it would to buy the same car out here.. the Lotus for example was significantly more expensive at $99,990 plus on roads and dealer delivery!
9) Get the car cleaned in the UK, polished and make sure all the wheel arches are spotless, may seem a long task but it will save you the hassle of steam cleaning when it arrives in Australia, because my car was spotless it AQUIS passed it without any trouble.
Or Contact our Australia Auto Shipping Specialist. Jason H, Tel: 01473 375030 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org